If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The following recipe is simple, all you will need is a 2-quart pitcher, a strainer and a blender. Serve immediately, as the pureed fruit will settle at the bottom.
The agua fresca is a little light for adding alcohol, but may benefit from a splash of Prosecco or sparkling wine. The key is to not overdo it, because the agua fresca is such a subtle taste, you run the risk of overpowering it. - Furey and the Feast —Furey and the Feast
Food52 Review: In their native Mexico (as well as on the streets of Spanish Harlem and East L.A.), aguas frescas are flavored with hibiscus, melon or sweet and cinnamon-y rice milk. In Furey and the Feast’s interpretation, a twist of lime compliments the sweetness of the berries and a dash of rosemary imparts a floral-like essence. Like all aguas frescas, the drink is strained of pulp, and then thinned with water and ice, making it considerably more thirst-quenching than juice. Furey and the Feast’s agua fresca is a dazzling summer cooler perfect for a picnic or backyard barbeque. I reduced the rosemary to 1 tablespoon since the fresh sprigs I used were highly aromatic and extremely piney -- you may need the full 2 tablespoons if your rosemary is less assertive. I would also suggest adding ½ cup sugar at first and adjusting according to taste. ¡brindis! (cheers!) - gabrielaskitchen
- 1 pound strawberries, rinsed and hulled
- 6 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Splash of prosecco or sparkling wine (optional)
- Combine strawberries, 2 cups of water and chopped rosemary in a blender. Blend until completely liquid, and let blender sit for 5 minutes to allow rosemary to steep.
- Strain puree into a 2 quart pitcher. Add remaining 4 cups of water, sugar, lime juice and ice. Stir to combine and taste, adding more sugar if needed.
- Portion agua fresca and ice into four glasses and garnish with rosemary sprigs and strawberries, and s splash of prosecco or sparkling wine, if desired. Serve immediately.
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Put cake on a pedestal.