If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Macerated Strawberries with aged balsamic vinegar pureed and frozen into a sorbet. —Nestingproject
Makes 1 quart
- 1 pound strawberries
- 4 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Combine the sugar and water together and cook in a saucepan on medium until the sugar dissolves. Cool.
- Hull and quarter the strawberries
- In a bowl combine the strawberries, vinegar and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Let macerate for 30 minutes.
- In a blender puree the macerated strawberries with the sugar syrup.
- Return the puree to the bowl and chill through.
- Add the the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to instructions.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Strawberries
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.