If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I scream! You scream! We all scream for Ice Cream, isn’t that how the saying goes?
My personal rule for making ice cream is no raw eggs, please. I hoped to serve a peanut butter ice cream with my dark Swiss-chocolate-espresso cake, what a combination! But, the one and only ice cream book in my kitchen uses eggs. Sad face.
Anyway, after searching online recipes I scored at the Blue Ridge Mountain Ice Cream site; a peanut butter ice cream without eggs, and, an added bonus was that the dairy contents used are lower in fat than most recipes.
I adapted the recipe, using fresh ground peanut butter, vs. a creamy style, which adds a little peanut crunch with every bite, the addition of alcohol, added right before churning to help the freezing process keep the ice cream softer, and optional, an addition of semi-sweet mini morsels, pictured, above. I have also stirred in strawberry jam right after the ice cream is finished churning….ideas are open to your imagination.
Makes 1 quart
- 2 C half & half
- 1/2 C whole milk
- 1/2 C nonfat dry powdered milk
- 1 C fresh ground peanut butter (or smooth Jif all natural)
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vanilla vodka
- In a medium saucepan, combine the half & half, milk, and dry milk and cook over medium-low heat until the dry milk dissolves.
- Add the peanut butter and cook, stirring often, until melted…fresh ground won’t look completely melted because of the little pieces of peanut.
- Add the sugar and continue simmering until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator until cool, 1-2 hours…fresh ground peanut pieces will float to the top, that’s ok, just give a good stir before pouring into your ice cream maker.
- Stir in the vanilla vodka and pour the chilled mixture into your ice cream maker. Churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Place into the freezer to let sit at least an hour.
- Optional: add chocolate morsels or jam swirls after ice cream has completed churning, right before placing into the freezer.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert
Just Like Mom Used To Make
Easygoing banana bread.
Easygoing banana bread.
Pasta e Fagioli
DIY Herb Rub
Vegetarian Ma Po Tofu
Go play outside!