If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish can be prepared in individual ramekins for a more elegant presentation. - Mike G
Food52 Review: Correction: Although this recipe became a finalist, we have since learned that it was published in Bon Appetit in 1993. It's a wonderful recipe, and here's the original source: http://bit.ly/3ibyAy This is the kind of brunch you might devour after working up an appetite traipsing about the Scottish Highlands all morning. Or, you could be decadent and whip up a batch of these cheesy, pillowy baked eggs for you and three friends, because…well, just because. Cowinmyundies employs fresh breadcrumbs -- along with shredded cheddar or Cheshire cheese, a generous sprinkling of chives and a river of half and half -- as a sort of edible insulation for the four whole eggs nestled within. Cayenne adds a bit of fire and distracts you from the incredible richness of the dish, allowing you to keep on eating. We recommend that you positions the eggs near the center of the dish (easier said than done), and that you check the eggs after 15 minutes to make sure the yolks stay nice and runny. – A&M - The Editors
- 1.5 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or green onions
- 3 ounces Dunlop, sharp cheddar or Cheshire cheese, grated
- 4 Eggs
- Cayenne pepper
- 1 cup half and half
- Fresh chive pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Butter 10-inch glass pie dish
- Sprinkle half of fresh white breadcrumbs over bottom of prepared pie dish
- Sprinkle with half of chopped chives or green onion and half of grated cheese
- Carefully break eggs into pie dish, spacing evenly
- Top with remaining half of breadcrumbs, chopped chives and grated cheese
- Season with cayenne pepper and salt
- Pour 1 cup half and half over
- Bake until eggs are almost set, about 20 minutes
- Garnish eggs with fresh chive pieces and serve immediately
- Your Best Brunch Eggs Contest Finalist!
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls