If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Late to the steamed scrambled egg "scoop," I found handy instructions from Jessica on Food Mayhem. The process is so easy that for anyone who's afraid to cook eggs, this should be your first foray. I was sitting down to eat in less than 20 minutes -- I called it dinner. Next time, I'm doing it for friends at brunch. —Amanda Hesser
- 3 slices prosciutto
- 1 1/2-inch thick slice day-old country bread
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 12 large eggs, at room temperature
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Lay the prosciutto and country bread on a baking sheet. Bake until the prosciutto is crisp and the country bread is toasted and dry, 5 to 10 minutes (if one is done sooner than the other, remove it from the oven and set on a plate). Let cool, then grind to a powder in a food processor. Some of the bread may not break down; discard any large chunks. Now you have prosciutto breadcrumbs; try not to eat them all before the eggs are done.
- Return the food processor bowl to the machine. Add the tarragon and oil and a pinch of salt and puree until the tarragon is finely chopped and emulsified with the oil.
- Heat the steamer on your espresso machine. In a steamer pitcher, beat together 3 eggs, 1 teaspoon butter and a pinch of salt. Steam, as you would milk, until the eggs are "scrambled" to your liking. The eggs will continue cooking after you stop steaming so stop sooner than you think -- and don't expect them to come out perfectly the first time around. Steamed scrambled eggs take practice! Spoon the eggs into a serving bowl, sprinkle with a heaping teaspoon of prosciutto breadcrumbs and a teaspoon or two of tarragon oil. Repeat with the remaining eggs until you have 4 servings.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.