Author Notes: This is a brunch favorite for several reasons. It's healthy, it's cheap, and it's easy. The individual servings present well and look a lot more impressive than they actually are. Serve with a pitcher of bloody mary's, fruit and warm bread and you have a really simple brunch that takes about 20 minutes to prepare. - Meredith Shanley
- 8 eggs
- 4 slices ham
- 8 large handfuls fresh spinach
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butter for baking dish
- In a saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add spinach, wilt completely. Squeeze out excess water, season with salt and pepper.
- In same pan, add 4 slices ham, fry until slightly crispy.
- Preheat oven to 400. Butter 4 individual baking dishes.
- In each baking dish, layer equal amounts spinach. Layer 1 slice ham, and crack 2 eggs per dish on top of ham.
- Season tops of each with salt, pepper and grated parmesan. Bake in oven about 7 minutes, until whites are set and yolks still runny. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs