If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a brunch favorite for several reasons. It's healthy, it's cheap, and it's easy. The individual servings present well and look a lot more impressive than they actually are. Serve with a pitcher of bloody mary's, fruit and warm bread and you have a really simple brunch that takes about 20 minutes to prepare. —Meredith Shanley
- 8 eggs
- 4 slices ham
- 8 large handfuls fresh spinach
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butter for baking dish
- In a saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add spinach, wilt completely. Squeeze out excess water, season with salt and pepper.
- In same pan, add 4 slices ham, fry until slightly crispy.
- Preheat oven to 400. Butter 4 individual baking dishes.
- In each baking dish, layer equal amounts spinach. Layer 1 slice ham, and crack 2 eggs per dish on top of ham.
- Season tops of each with salt, pepper and grated parmesan. Bake in oven about 7 minutes, until whites are set and yolks still runny. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs
Shop at the Food52 Office
We're having a open house!
Shop at the Food52 office.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
(Home) brew on this.
Get whisked away.