If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It is a variation on a dish that was made for me several years ago. - scrapbookquilt
- 6 ounces Pasta, Penne
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Large, Minced
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil, X-tra Virgin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning, dried
- 1 tablespoon Capers, small, drained
- 4 Plum Tomotoes, Med.
- 8-10 Basil Leaves, Fresh
- 6 ounces Mozzarella, cubed or torn
- 1/4 cup Black Olives, Large, Pitted
- Cook Pasta Al dente. Drain and leave to come to room temperature. Make sure it doesn't get hard and dried out.
- In a large bowl place the following. Slice tomatoes length wise and remove seeds and pulp. Then slice tomatoes in approx. 1/2" strips. Cube or "shred" mozzarella. Wash and dry basil. Basil can either be torn or place all basil together on top of one another and roll up and then with a sharp knife slice through making "basil strips". I prefer torn. Slice Black Olives. Tossing all together.
- In a saute pan heat olive oil to medium and add garlic until fragrant, not brown. Add italian seasoning and capers, also til fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Combine cooled pasta (if pasta is not cool it will melt the cheese) with tomato basil bowl. And toss. Slowly drizzle oil mixture over pasta and mix to coat. Add coarse sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste and serve
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella
Mom's (The) Best
Mom's Pasta e Fagioli
Pasta e Fagioli
Vegetarian Ma Po Tofu
DIY Herb Rub
Easygoing banana bread.
Go play outside!