If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: unlike traditional pizza, this one is GRILLED! Super easy, super healthy, and super delicious. And always custom made!! My favorite that i am entering is my version of chicken caprese. - LadyJ802
Serves 2 pizzas
- 1 pkg. frozen organic pizza dough - THAWED (24 hours in fridge will do)
- 1 jar organic pizza sauce
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes-garlic and basil
- 8 ounces fresh mozzerella
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 1 chichicken breast - grilled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- prepare sauce - in small pot combine pizza sauce and diced tomatoes - mash large tomato chunks with fork- add oregano- heat until warm (simmer)
- prepare chicken: Grill chicken breast, then cut or shred into small pieces about 1/2 inch chunks (or used pre cooked chicken - just heat and chop into pieces)
- prepare toppings: While chicken is grilling chop basil into strips (julienne) it's easy to this if you layer all leaves then roll them like a cigar then cut with knife - set aside on a plate --- cut roma tomatoes - i like mine diced for easy eating - some like sliced for presentation - set aside on plate --- cut mozzerella into small chunks - set aside on plate
- prepare the dough: ona flat table ot large cutting board sprinkle organic flour so dough doesn't stick - flour your hands as well- slightly sprinkle two pizza pans with flour too- take dough out of package and cut directly in half - reform each half back ito a perfect ball for a round pizza - otherwise you will have a naturally odd shaped pizza which is also fun and just as delicious.
- make a crust: you can either rol it out or toss it out - whichever you prefer, however remember dough tends to have a memory and will try to shrink - just be patient eventually it will become as large as you want depending on how thick you like your crust
- place your crust on FLOURED pizza pans.
- Heat grill to about 300 degrees
- lightly brush the top of your crust with organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil OR Spray EVOO.
- put on grill: pick up dough and place OIL SIDE DOWN on grill - OR if you are confident you can smooth and quickly flip the pan onto the grill then pick up pan -- let the dough cook until it starts to create air pockets
- when the dough is stiff and will slide a little bit when youpush with spatula it is ready to flip- before you flip brush or spray dough with EVOO - i recommend sliding the crust back onto the pan then flipping
- FUN TIME!! ADD TOPPINGS! : for Chicken Caprese:add sauce, then basil, then 2 oz mozzerella - then chicken, then tomatoes then 2 more oz mozzerella - and a little dash of dried oregano - let the pizzas grill about 5-8 minutes with the top open - check underside to make sure it doesn't burn - close grill and cook for 3 minutes then turn off burners and let the pizza sit for about 5 minutes -- the toppings should be nice and melty
- slide off grill, cut, and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella
Your Recipe Diploma
A menu master class for the college grad.
A master class in recipes.
Lettuce love vegetables.
Wine tasting takeaways.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.