If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm an oenophile, but that's about it when it comes to enjoyment of evening beverages. However, in anticipation of this cherry challenge, I asked my husband to pick up a bottle of tequila on Friday night. I had visions of a cherry sorbet tequila cocktail dancing in my head. Here we are on Sunday, tequila gone, my fingertips stained from pitting two pounds of cherries, and the Summer Cherry Diablo to show for it. Hard work, but someone has to do it, happily in the name of summertime, cherries, and food52. NOTE: This is my summertime take on the classic El Diablo, replacing Crème de cassis with my Summer Cherry Sorbet. —gingerroot
Serves 1 drink
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
- 2-3 ice cubes
- 1-2 tablespoons Summer Cherry Sorbet (recipe on food52)
- Ginger beer
- 1 lime wheel
- Pour tequila into an Old-fashioned glass.
- Add ice cubes, Summer Cherry Sorbet and top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with lime wheel and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
A better basket.