Author Notes: I've been making this for years. It's one of our favorite recipes. - compsandcroissants
- 3 pounds pork tenderloin
- 2 pieces star anise pods
- 2 cups tawny port
- 1/2 pound pitted cherries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1. Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan on medium high heat until hot. Blot tenderloin with paper towel to remove surface moisture. Rub salt and pepper onto tenderloin.
- 2. Sear the pork tenderloin on all sides. Remove tenderloin to a plate.
- 3. Put port, star anise, and cherries into saute pan and bring to a simmer, scraping up any brown bits in saute pan left from searing pork.
- 4. Nestle tenderloin in sauce, add juices on plate to sauce, and simmer until sauce is reduced by half and pork is cooked through, turning pork occasionally and basting with sauce.
- Remove saute pan from heat. Remove pork. Remove star anise pods. Stir in heavy cream.
- Slice pork and arrange on platter. Spoon sauce over top. Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries