If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been making this for years. It's one of our favorite recipes. —compsandcroissants
- 3 pounds pork tenderloin
- 2 pieces star anise pods
- 2 cups tawny port
- 1/2 pound pitted cherries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1. Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan on medium high heat until hot. Blot tenderloin with paper towel to remove surface moisture. Rub salt and pepper onto tenderloin.
- 2. Sear the pork tenderloin on all sides. Remove tenderloin to a plate.
- 3. Put port, star anise, and cherries into saute pan and bring to a simmer, scraping up any brown bits in saute pan left from searing pork.
- 4. Nestle tenderloin in sauce, add juices on plate to sauce, and simmer until sauce is reduced by half and pork is cooked through, turning pork occasionally and basting with sauce.
- Remove saute pan from heat. Remove pork. Remove star anise pods. Stir in heavy cream.
- Slice pork and arrange on platter. Spoon sauce over top. Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.