If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My Smashed Chocolate Covered Cherry dessert panini combines the luscious flavor of fresh juicy cherries with creamy spreadable chocolate. Sometimes a simple, classic flavor combination can create a new recipe worth sharing, repeating and making your own. I chose to make my panini with cherries and chocolate. I used a dark chocolate peanut butter spread . But you can use your fave spreadable chocolate brand. —kathynyc
Serves 1 sandwich
- 6 pieces fresh cherries, depitted, sliced
- 2 pieces bread
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Chocolate Spread
- 1 teaspoon Extra virgin olive oil
- Spread chocolate spread on bread slices. You can use any spreadable chocolate or chocolate/nut combo you'd like.
- Wash, de-pit and slice the cherries in half. Lay over top the chocolate. Place top half of sandwich bread over that. Rub outer side of bread with your extra virgin olive oil.
- Place your panini on your grill or panini press. Cook for about 2 minutes or until chocolate starts to melt and grill marks appear on bread.
- Serve warm!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.