If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Typically made with Door County cherries, this simple recipe mellows for about three months or until the cherries "bounce," making it ideal to serve over the holidays. While the liqueur is delicious on its own, the cherries are even better over ice cream! - Nori
Makes 2 quarts
- 1 quart Door County (sour) cherries
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 quart liquor of your choice - rum, vodka, etc.
- Rinse and drain cherries. Remove stems but do not remove cherry pits. Divide into two clean quart jars.
- Divide sugar and liquor into jars with cherries.
- Place lids on jars and tighten gently but these do not need to be sealed. Put jars in dark place and ignore until Thanksgiving or so.
- Cherry Bounce is a beautiful red color and ready to drink when the cherries 'bounce.'
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.