Author Notes: This recipe began as guacamole gone wrong, and ended with deliciousness. - CyannePeppa
- 4 pieces Salmon
- 1 piece Large Haas Avocado
- 1 piece small vidalia onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small jalapeno
- 10-15 Bing cherries
- 4-6 large strawberries
- .25 cups barbecue sauce
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- Peel and core avocado, garlic, jalapeno, and onion. Chop in food processor or mini-chopper until finely chopped. Dice 2 Roma tomatoes, 4 large strawberries, and 8-10 cherries (pitted). Mix red mixture into avocado mixture, and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill or broil 4 pieces of salmon, seasoned with salt and pepper, and brushed lightly with a smokey barbecue sauce. Cook until desired internal temperature (I consider perfect about 3 minutes per side, depending on the thickness).
- Spoon relish over salmon, and serve with something light, and delicious, as well.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries