If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from recipe by Mary Marlow Leverette of "Mary’s Laundry Blog." —cnevertz
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 pound peeled sweet potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 2 3/4 cups)
- 3 cups 3/4-inch French or Italian bread cubes
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cook sweet potatoes in salted, boiling water until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes; drain and cool.
- In large bowl, toss bread cubes with 3 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper.
- Arrange on rimmed baking sheet; bake until crisp and golden, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Return bread cubes to large bowl and cool to room temperature.
- In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper; whisk in remaining 5 tablespoons oil.
- Pour over bread cubes; add spinach, onion, basil and cilantro; toss to combine.
- Gently stir in sweet potatoes; serve at room temperature or chilled.