If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quick and easy, mussels are a go-to snack! - mtlabor
- 1 cup croutons
- small handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 pounds mussels, cleaned
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 bottle Belgian beer
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, chives, and tarragon. Whisk in sour cream and both mustards. Stir until blended.
- In a large dutch oven, melt the butter under high heat. Add garlic and thyme and stir for about 1 minute. Add mussels, tomatoes, and green onions. Slowly pour in the beer and add in sour cream mixture. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Cover and steam for about 8-10 minutes, or until mussels open. (Discard any mussels that have not opened after 10 minutes, they're no good)
- Serve mussels in a deep bowl and top with croutons. (As you can see, I went a little crouton crazy, but I like my croutons!) Dig on in, and just to warn you, it's going to be messy, but you'll enjoy the flavor too much to care!