If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I really enjoy fresh fruit desserts. Over the years I have developed and tweaked the fillings and toppings for fruit crisps. I try to incorporate at least one ingredient that is not usually found in other crisp recipes. This recipe uses Black Cherry tea. I hope you try this and enjoy it.
- 2 pounds Fresh Sweet Cherries
- 1/3 cup Very strong black cherry tea
- 3 tablespoons Minute Tapioca
- 1 tablespoon Almond extract
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Lemon zest
- 1/2 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Old Fashion rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 Large Egg, beaten
- 6 tablespoons Unsalted butter, melted
- Rinse Cherries, remove stems & pits. Place in a large bowl and break them up a little bit to release the juice but do not totally macerate.
- Grind the tapioca in a mini food processor or spice grinder.
- Add the tapioca, almond extract, pinch of Kosher salt, orange zest, lemon zest and tea to the cherries. Mix well before spooning the cherry mixture into an 8x8 inch (preferably glass or ceramic) baking dish.
- Place the remaining dry ingredients into a medium size bowl and mix with a fork to combine.
- Add the beaten egg to the dry ingredients, using a fork to combine then your hands until the mixture is crumbly.
- Spread the topping as evenly as possible on top of the cherries.
- Use a spoon to drizzle the melted butter over the topping.
- Bake in a preheated 380 degree Fahrenheit oven for approximately 45 minutes, or until the topping is brown.
- I suggest you serve Very Cherry Crisp at room temperature or chilled. Garnish with a dollop or your favorite topping: whipped cream or non-dairy flavored with a little bit of almond extract. The Very Cherry Crisp in the photo is decorated with a chocolate covered mint leaf. Enjoy !
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries
Beet Greens Can't be Beat
The summer braise worth turning on the oven for
Beet greens can't be beat.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.