If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adopted from
Hab el hal,or cardamom cookies are the perfect cookie to eat with coffee,tea or milk.The cardamom really makes a unique flavor for a cookie. Children will love these cookies that come from Palestine.
Note:The dough was very soft to roll,so I added 2 tbsp extra flour in the dough. —Ambreen
Makes 40-42 cookies
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- Preheat oven to 350 F/180 C.
- Cream together egg, sugar, and butter in a medium mixing bowl.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cardamom. Slowly add to egg/butter mixture and mix well.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface. You want the dough to be about 1/8 inch thick. Use cookie cutters to make shapes.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Tags: Middle Eastern
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.