Author Notes: Adapted from the recipe by Tracy Newel of "Fresno Foodie". - cnevertz
Makes 8 tacos
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces (about 2 3/4 cups)
- 3/4 cups finely chopped onion
- 2 ounces Spanish chorizo, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, finely chopped
- salt and ground black pepper
- 8 (5-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add sweet potatoes and onion; cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add chorizo; cook and stir until it begins to brown and sweet potatoes are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel; microwave until warm, about 30 to 60 seconds.
- In small bowl, toss cabbage with lime juice; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, divide sweet potato mixture evenly among warm tortillas; top with cabbage, sour cream, and cilantro.
- Serve with hot sauce and lime wedges if desired.