Author Notes: I fell in love with a tangerine gastrique over a salad with scallops; since oranges are year round I adapted it and put some of my favorite foods together. - loubaby
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 12 pieces prosciutto, halved crosswise
- 24 pieces large fresh basil leaves
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Combine sugar, vinegar and orange juice; bring to boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat and cook until liquid is a syrup, about 15-20 minutes. Cool.
- Spread a thin layer of goat cheese on each piece of proscuitto; drizzle with gastrique and top with basil leaves. Sprinkle with black pepper and roll up. Place seam side down.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil