If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I fell in love with a tangerine gastrique over a salad with scallops; since oranges are year round I adapted it and put some of my favorite foods together. —loubaby
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 12 pieces prosciutto, halved crosswise
- 24 pieces large fresh basil leaves
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Combine sugar, vinegar and orange juice; bring to boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat and cook until liquid is a syrup, about 15-20 minutes. Cool.
- Spread a thin layer of goat cheese on each piece of proscuitto; drizzle with gastrique and top with basil leaves. Sprinkle with black pepper and roll up. Place seam side down.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
Anything but Watered down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.