Author Notes: Make this routinely while camping and shortly after harvesting fresh clams from the beach. Great recipe at home too. - ksagee
- 80 Fresh Clams (In shell)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Light Beer
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 8 Basil Leaves
- 1/2 cup Butter
- Wash and clean clams. Set aside.
- Finely dice onion and garlic and fresh basil. Set aside.
- Melt butter in dutch oven over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until soft.
- Add water and beer and bring to boil.
- Add clams and basil and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Cover dutch oven and allow to steam for 8-10 minutes and until clams are open.
- Remove from heat, stir and serve with melted butter and bread if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil