If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A twist on traditional Spanish tapas. - ironman82
- 1 medium yukon gold potato
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove (smashed)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 duck or chicken egg
- 1 tablespoon grated bottarga
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash, but do not peel potato. Microwave on high for 1:30. Cut potato lengthwise into 6 - 8 wedges.
- Combine oil, salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic in a bowl. Add potato wedges and toss to coat. Remove garlic clove and arrange on baking sheet or iron skillet, flesh side down. Place in oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, turning once midway when potatoes brown.
- 5 minutes prior to potatoes being done, heat a skillet and melt the butter until it begins to bubble. Fry the egg until desired doneness (the runnier, the better). Add salt if desired.
- Remove potatoes from oven and arrange neatly on a plate so egg will cover the wedges. Place egg over wedges. Use a micro-plane or cheese grater to grate bottarga over egg and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs