Author Notes: This is a delighful and fairly simple recipe that I have used in my home kitchen for more than 15 years. It is refreshing and lovely to have during the summer months here in Florida. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do! - Sunchowder
- 1 1/2 cup Fresh Cubed Pineapple
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/4 cup Mirin
- 2 teaspoons Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Grated Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 pieces 7 oz Pieces of Swordfish
- 1 dash Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Canola Oil for Saute
- Put together all ingredients for the marinade, stir together and place in a non-reactive bowl. Add the four pieces of swordfish to the marinade and place in fridge for at least four hours.
- In a 12 inch skillet, pour in your 3 tablespoons of Canola Oil, heat the pan gently. Remove the steaks from the bowl and place in the hot pan, grind the fresh pepper over the steaks. Saute for about 4 minutes on first side, turn over and add your marinade to the pan. Saute for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, being careful not to overcook your fish. The marinade should thicken a bit and get more intense in color. This is delicious served over a bed of rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Swordfish Recipe