Author Notes: With some wonderful tequila cream butter left from this past week of course I wanted to try it out with burgers. I added a touch of tequila and Cointreau to the final cooking minute of grilling the burgers. - Sagegreen
- 1 pound excellent quality ground beef
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- pinch of kosher salt
- pinch of fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 2 teaspoons Cointreau or triple sec
- Serve with homemade tequila butter on top (see my other recipe)
- Prepare your grill.
- Mix the beef with the herbs and spices and form a patty.
- Grill 2-4 minutes per side. I prefer very quick on a hot grill.
- Mix the tequila and Cointreau together. Spoon carefully onto the burgers during the last minute of grilling.
- Top with a garnish of homemade tequila lime and orange zest butter-whipped from heavy whipping cream (recipe included with my ginger swordfish).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers