If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe comes from a combination of inspiration from my talented mother's cooking, a personal taste for the flavor combination of sweet and salty, and a desire to constantly include fresh produce in everything I make. —Kaitlin With Honey
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 vidalia onion
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 cup sliced honeydew melon
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 pretzel rolls
- Turn the grill on to pre-heat.
- Dice 1/4 cup's worth of the vidalia onion and set aside. Cut the remainder of the onion into long slices.
- Heat a saucepan at medium heat and add your butter or margarine. Once melted, add your vidalia onion slices. Stir often and allow the onions to caramelize, 10-20 minutes.
- Put the lean ground beef into a large bowl. Add the worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, pepper and diced vidalia onion. Mix until completely incorporated.
- Form the meat into four round patties.
- Put the burgers on the grill and, flipping when necessary, allow them cook to desired doneness.
- Cut the honeydew melon into thin, 2-inch long slices.
- Toast your pretzel rolls until golden brown.
- Once the burgers are done, add the burgers to the rolls. Top each burger with 2 slices of honeydew melon, desired amount of caramelized onions, and 1/2 tablespoon of goat cheese.
- Top each burger with the other half of the bun and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Say hello to the open road.
We shall call them pop-tails.