If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Forget the spread, guac instead! Fresh Guacamole made with Avocados from Mexico makes burgers say “Move over, mayo!” - Avocados from Mexico
For the Guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados from Mexico, peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 small red, ripe tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice of one lime
- 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, finely diced (optional)
For the Burgers
- 2 pounds ground sirloin, formed into four patties
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 ounces 1-oz slices cheddar cheese
- Green leaf lettuce
- 2 ripe, red tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- PREPARE THE GUACAMOLE: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the avocado, tomato, cilantro, lime juice, salt and jalapeno. Stir to combine and then set aside while preparing the burgers.
- PREPARE THE BURGERS: Season each patty with steak seasoning on both sides before cooking. You can use a skillet, grill pan, or a grill over high heat to cook your burgers to desired degree of doneness. When the burgers are almost finished cooking, toast the buns in a toaster oven, a dry skillet, or on the grill.
- Assemble the burgers by layering the bottom half of each bun with leaves of lettuce, a burger patty, a slice of cheese, slices of onion, and slices of tomato. Top with a generous scoop of guacamole, and cover with bun.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers