If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe I named after myself so that I could live forever in the mouths of breakfast eaters around the world. It's inspired by the migas I ate in Austin, Texas---without the tortilla chips. It's pretty addictive and easy to make. —amateurgourmet
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 pickled jalapeno, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the milk and sour cream and whisk powerfully for approximately one minute until foamy. Add salt and pepper to taste, whisk a few more times and set aside.
- Place the butter in a non-stick skillet and heat on medium heat until the butter is foamy. Add the whites of the scallions and saute 30 seconds or so, until soft. Then add the eggs and IMMEDIATELY lower the heat. You want it on medium/low heat so it cooks slowly.
- Stir, stir, stir and keep stirring as it goes. You want them to cook slowly but not painfully slow. If you've made scrambled eggs before, you know what I'm talking about. Once the eggs start to harden significantly but there's still some liquid in there, add the rest of the scallions, the pickled jalapeno and gradually add the cheese. Stir, stir, stir and add the rest of the cheese. When they're just set but not dry, scoop them on to a plate. Toast some bread and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.