Author Notes: A burger that is slightly on the healthier side of things. The flax seed yet optional is to add some omega 3 into the diet - tokidoki
- 1 pound 90% ground beef
- 1/4 cup low fat feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup black olives (chopped/ slivered)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 red onion (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 4 mini loaves of pita
- salt and peper to taste
- cherry tomatoes (chopped)
- Greek yogurt or store bought taztziki
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium bowl mix ground beef, feta cheese, black olives, garlic, red onion, flax seed, red onion, salt, and pepper.
- Split mixture into four and form into small mini patties.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook the patties till done (about 6 minutes each side).
- Get the mini loaves of pita and slice about 1/4 inch off the top and open to form a pouch. Put the lettuce, cherry tomatoes, yogurt or tzatziki, and burger in the pouch.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers