If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A burger that is slightly on the healthier side of things. The flax seed yet optional is to add some omega 3 into the diet —tokidoki
- 1 pound 90% ground beef
- 1/4 cup low fat feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup black olives (chopped/ slivered)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 red onion (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 4 mini loaves of pita
- salt and peper to taste
- cherry tomatoes (chopped)
- Greek yogurt or store bought taztziki
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium bowl mix ground beef, feta cheese, black olives, garlic, red onion, flax seed, red onion, salt, and pepper.
- Split mixture into four and form into small mini patties.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook the patties till done (about 6 minutes each side).
- Get the mini loaves of pita and slice about 1/4 inch off the top and open to form a pouch. Put the lettuce, cherry tomatoes, yogurt or tzatziki, and burger in the pouch.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers
Anything But Watered Down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.