Author Notes: I love black beans and thought they would be a great way to stretch some meats while on a tight budget. - Amy31
For the Burgers
- 1 cup canned black beans, pureed
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup quoina, cooked
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 Burrito-size tortillas
For the Spread
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 avacado
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- Combine black bean puree and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Shape into 4 patties.
- Heat a large sautee pan with 2 Tbsp. olive oil over med. high heat. Add 4 patties. Cook about 7 minutes per side, or until just slightly pink in center.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients in a food processor. Puree and chill.
- Heat tortillas in microwave about 15 seconds each. Spread each with 2 Tbsp. sauce and top with a burger patty.
- If desired, serve with chopped green cabbage, chopped plum tomatoes, and grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers