If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love black beans and thought they would be a great way to stretch some meats while on a tight budget. - Amy31
For the Burgers
- 1 cup canned black beans, pureed
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup quoina, cooked
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 Burrito-size tortillas
For the Spread
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 avacado
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- Combine black bean puree and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Shape into 4 patties.
- Heat a large sautee pan with 2 Tbsp. olive oil over med. high heat. Add 4 patties. Cook about 7 minutes per side, or until just slightly pink in center.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients in a food processor. Puree and chill.
- Heat tortillas in microwave about 15 seconds each. Spread each with 2 Tbsp. sauce and top with a burger patty.
- If desired, serve with chopped green cabbage, chopped plum tomatoes, and grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
This is poppin'.