Author Notes: During the Bite of Seattle I heard about coffee-coated beef & since I am intrigued with roasted cocoa nibs I got the idea to put them into ground beef burgers. The addition of black beans increases the fiber content & the seasonings suggest mole sauce. - Hoen
- 1/4 cup roasted cocoa nibs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 8 Hamburger buns
- Guacamole & tomato slices
- Combine cocoa nibs, garlic, black beans, cumin, red chili flakes, cinnamon & salt in a food processor & blend 1 minute.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground beef, wheat germ, cilantro & blended mixture. Mix well with hands & form into 8 patties.
- Grill patties on preheated, medium-hot grill, 4 -5 minutes per side. Serve on hamburger buns with guacamole and sliced tomatoes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers