If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: During the Bite of Seattle I heard about coffee-coated beef & since I am intrigued with roasted cocoa nibs I got the idea to put them into ground beef burgers. The addition of black beans increases the fiber content & the seasonings suggest mole sauce. - Hoen
- 1/4 cup roasted cocoa nibs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 8 Hamburger buns
- Guacamole & tomato slices
- Combine cocoa nibs, garlic, black beans, cumin, red chili flakes, cinnamon & salt in a food processor & blend 1 minute.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground beef, wheat germ, cilantro & blended mixture. Mix well with hands & form into 8 patties.
- Grill patties on preheated, medium-hot grill, 4 -5 minutes per side. Serve on hamburger buns with guacamole and sliced tomatoes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.