If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My husband does not cook, but he wooed me 30 years ago with these burgers that he claims he invented. I have tried them using other kinds of crumbs (e.g., rice krispie crumbs) and that works equally well. Recently I made these for my son, the gourmet cook, and he loved them. Very simple, but very good. - JoanG - JoanG
Food52 Review: This burger is delicious and very simple. These easy-to-find ingredients are a great way to give extra lean beef some much-needed flavor. The patties come together quickly and go well with any and all of your favorite toppings and garnishes -- the teens in the house each had two topped with cheese and loaded up with their favorite condiments, but the unadorned meat patty is moist and flavorful too. These burgers don’t need the smoky charred taste from grilling and it’s great to have a recipe for a burger that can be cooked in house year round. -- Angela @ the well worn apron - The Editors
- 1 pound ground beef (from grass fed cows)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and shape into 6 small patties. Heat a cast iron skillet or grill pan until hot and cook the patties until they are done. This is not a burger you serve rare, it should be only pink inside.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
Soda Gum Drops!
The Best Cinnamon Rolls