Author Notes: This burger was born out of a NEED to find something else to put reduced balsamic vinegar on. I've fallen in love with it and it made the perfect, sweet & tangy drizzle to go over these burgers! - iowagirleats
Mozzarella Stuffed Burgers with Balsamic Glaze
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- In a large bowl combine beef, salt, pepper, basil and parmesan cheese. Divide mixture into 8 portions.
- Wrap a peanut butter jar lid in foil, then plastic wrap and press 1 portion of the beef mixture into the lid. Heap 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese into the middle, then top with another portion of beef. Press down to seal, then invert the patty onto a plate. Continue until you have 4 burger patties.
- Grill burgers for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes per side over medium-high heat.
- Heat balsamic vinegar in a sauce pan over medium heat. Let simmer, and stir frequently, until the vinegar has reached the consistency of thin maple syrup.
- Top grilled burgers with fresh brushetta and drizzle with reduced balsamic glaze. Enjoy!
- 5 Roma Tomatoes
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced thinly
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers