If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This burger was born out of a NEED to find something else to put reduced balsamic vinegar on. I've fallen in love with it and it made the perfect, sweet & tangy drizzle to go over these burgers! - iowagirleats
Mozzarella Stuffed Burgers with Balsamic Glaze
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- In a large bowl combine beef, salt, pepper, basil and parmesan cheese. Divide mixture into 8 portions.
- Wrap a peanut butter jar lid in foil, then plastic wrap and press 1 portion of the beef mixture into the lid. Heap 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese into the middle, then top with another portion of beef. Press down to seal, then invert the patty onto a plate. Continue until you have 4 burger patties.
- Grill burgers for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes per side over medium-high heat.
- Heat balsamic vinegar in a sauce pan over medium heat. Let simmer, and stir frequently, until the vinegar has reached the consistency of thin maple syrup.
- Top grilled burgers with fresh brushetta and drizzle with reduced balsamic glaze. Enjoy!
- 5 Roma Tomatoes
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced thinly
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.