If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple recipe that’s yummy to eat and nice to see. The color and sweetness of the tomato contrasts with the egg and scallions. This soup is tasty all year round. Something my mom frequently cooks when we were kids. - azelea
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 egg
- a pinches of salt
- 1 scallion, sliced into thin rounds
- Chop the tomatoes into small chunks.
- Heat a little oil in a soup pan, add tomatoes and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add the chicken broth to the pan and cook until it starts to boil. Let it simmer for a couple minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Slowly drop the beaten egg into the soup and stir gently until egg is set. Add salt and scallions, and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes