If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A quick and easy pasta carbonara using fresh garden green beans. Feel free to adapt this with whatever fresh vegetables you happen to have! - mtlabor
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup fresh green beans, trimmed and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Pecorino cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to the package directions for al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet under high heat. Add olive oil, onions, and green beans. Season with salt and pepper and saute for about 5-6 minutes, or until onion starts to soften.
- Reduce heat to medium and add garlic. Cook for an additional 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cream and eggs. Set aside.
- Add the chopped bacon and the cooked pasta to the skillet.
- Mix well. Remove from heat and add in cream/egg mixture. Let the residual heat slowly thicken the sauce. Stir in both cheeses and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve right away with cheesy garlic bread!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.