If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was passed down to me by my mother when I entered the "real world." It's a low-cost option for a summer seafood dish that doesn't require a girll or any cooking in the oven. It's perfect for apartment living - ovens make small spaces really hot in the summer!. The dish is served warm, but the leftovers are so good when eaten chilled. - MollyMac
- 1 pound Angel hair pasta
- 12 medium shrimp
- 4 heirloom tomatoes
- 4 scallions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces feta
- To prep, peel and devein the shrimp. Chop the heirloom tomatoes, slice the scallions, and mince the garlic.
- Begin to boil water for the pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. When you can smell the olive oil (about a minute or so), add the garlic and scallions. Cook until you can smell the garlic (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the shrimp and sautee until they are pink.
- When the water boils, add the pasta. Cook according to package directions.
- When the shrimp is pink, add the tomatoes and feta. Turn the heat to medium-low, and give it a good stir. Cook for 5 minutes.
- When the pasta is ready, drain and put it in a large bowl.
- Pour tomato & shrimp mixture over the pasta. Add the parmesan cheese and mix it up.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
Brown Butter Nutella Skillet Cookie
You deserve a mid-week pick-me-up.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Travel like Anthony Bourdain
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.