Author Notes: This recipe was passed down to me by my mother when I entered the "real world." It's a low-cost option for a summer seafood dish that doesn't require a girll or any cooking in the oven. It's perfect for apartment living - ovens make small spaces really hot in the summer!. The dish is served warm, but the leftovers are so good when eaten chilled. - MollyMac
- 1 pound Angel hair pasta
- 12 medium shrimp
- 4 heirloom tomatoes
- 4 scallions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces feta
- To prep, peel and devein the shrimp. Chop the heirloom tomatoes, slice the scallions, and mince the garlic.
- Begin to boil water for the pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. When you can smell the olive oil (about a minute or so), add the garlic and scallions. Cook until you can smell the garlic (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the shrimp and sautee until they are pink.
- When the water boils, add the pasta. Cook according to package directions.
- When the shrimp is pink, add the tomatoes and feta. Turn the heat to medium-low, and give it a good stir. Cook for 5 minutes.
- When the pasta is ready, drain and put it in a large bowl.
- Pour tomato & shrimp mixture over the pasta. Add the parmesan cheese and mix it up.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes