If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My recipe is my own creation! I thought I would vary away from your regular bacon and cheese toast! —specialdeb01
Makes 4 sandwiches
- 8 pieces of organic whole grain country white
- 1 cup melted butter
- 16 pieces of organic pancetta
- 8 slices of organic white american cheese
- 1 large heirloom tomato
- Pre-heat oven on 400.
- On a large cookie sheet lay your pancetta out. Bake for about 7 minutes or less, depending on your desired crispiness.
- While pancetta is cooking, brush one side of each piece of bread with butter then slice tomato
- when pancetta is done, take out of oven and and put bread in and lightly toast. watch carefully so toast doesn't burn.
- When toast is done, on toasted side of bread add all ingredients in this order: cheese, pancetta, tomato, cheese.
- on a medium heated griddle or skillet, pour a little of the melted butter on griddle or in skillet add sandwich on the un-toasted side, make sure to butter side you will flip, takes a little skill to keep sandwich together, but it can be done!
- continue with steps until all sandwiches are done. you may serve each sandwich as they come off of the griddle...enjoy
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
The Key to Okonomiyaki
Meet your new favorite Japanese dish
Your new favorite Japanese dish.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
You haven't thai'd this before.
A better basket.