Author Notes: I love poached eggs, and my darling husband actually turns green at the thought of them! Every time he goes out of town, I treat myself to eggs. This actually would be a wonderful brunch dish to serve, as long as you know who wasn't there. - BetsyLynnS
- 6 fresh asparagus spears, woody ends snapped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Paddlefish Caviar
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saute pan and steam the asparagus until just tender a bright green. Plunge into an ice water bath and dry between paper towels
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saute pan and poach the egg for about 1.5 minutes.
- Place the steamed asparagus on a pretty warmed plate. Top with the freshly poached egg and crown it with the caviar. The egg acts as a dressing for the asparagus and the caviar is the perfect seasoning.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs