If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my fathers favorite cake. An old friend of our family used to make it for him, however, since she moved away, it has been difficult to find this cake. However, after a long search, last year we were able to have this cake for his birthday! —slulibby
Makes jelly roll pan cake
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 pounds small Italian plums
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375 F. Cream 1/3 cup softened butter and white sugar. Mix in eggs, vanilla, almond extract, flour, almond flour, baking powder, salt and milk.
- Grease a jelly roll pan & spread dough over pan.
- Slice and pit plums. Place them on top of the dough, cut side up slightly overlapping each other.
- Sprinkle plums with brown sugar and cinnamon. Then drizzle with butter. Bake for 30 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Plums
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
The invincible beer can chicken.
The chicest apron around.