If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have made a rustic stone fruit soup with plums, a few peaches and a handful of cherries in my grandmother's style: cooking the soup, but then serving it cold. If you don't have sapa handy, don't let that prevent you from trying out this recipe. Sapa enhances the fruit flavors, but even without, this is still quite nice. Here is a link for sapa if you are interested:http://www.nudo-italia.com/categories/4 - Sagegreen —Sagegreen
Food52 Review: Stone cold soup makes a refreshing treat on a hot night. The sweet peaches pair perfectly with the tangy plums, and the cinnamon adds a subtle note of spice. Light and not too sweet, it pairs beautifully with yogurt, sour cream, mascarpone, ricotta or crème fraîche. It also brightens up a scoop of ice cream. I didn't find Sapa, so I followed Sagegreen's suggestion of substituting honey. (I used lavender-infused honey for extra flavor.) The instructions are clear and easy to follow, and the preparation is simple and straightforward. Stone cold soup looks so pretty as it cooks, with the yellow peaches sparkling amidst the dark purple plums and red cherries. - Apple Annie. —The Editors
- 5 cups varietal sweet plums, pitted
- 2 yellow peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sweet red cherries, pitted
- 2 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sapa
- dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt (optional)
- Add the lemon zest, and sugar to the fruit.
- Bring the fruit mix and cinnamon stick to a slow boil in a heavy sauce pan (like Le Creuset's dutch oven) making sure the sugar dissolves. Take care to avoid a pan that would be reactive with the fruit.
- Add the wine and sapa. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Let cool and then chill thoroughly.
- Serve with a garnish of sour cream or Greek yogurt if desired.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Plums
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Recipe of the Day
A better basket.