If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Plums were actually a last minute addition to this crumble recipe, which I found in a newly-acquired cookbook. The yellow and red globe plums appeared in my CSA share. The whole-wheat flour in this recipe adds an extra helping of fiber and healthy goodness! - newRDcook
Food52 Review: WHO: NewRDcook is a dietitian in Philadelphia.
WHAT: A simple crumble that you can make with fresh fruits and pantry staples.
HOW: Sweeten blueberries and chopped plums with a little sugar, top with a whole-wheat crumble, and bake everything until the crumb top is golden brown and the smell of baking fruit is intoxicating.
WHY WE LOVE IT: This crumble is a great place to tuck away your summer fruit that’s a little too tart to eat on its own. Make sure to save some leftovers for breakfast the next morning: It’s wholesome enough (whole-wheat flour! 7 ingredients!) to eat morning, noon, and night. - The Editors
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 pint blueberries
- 6 small plums, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Turbinado sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cold and cut into small cubes
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place blueberries and plums in a small bowl.
- Mix Turbinado sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and stir together with fruit.
- In a large bowl, mix together remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, flour, and brown sugar. Rub or cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Put the fruit in a 8 x 2-inch baking dish or cake pan and layer the crumble mixture on top.
- Bake until golden on top, between 30 minutes and 1 hour. Serve hot or cold.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Plums
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls