If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In memory of Helen. - energy - energy
Food52 Review: Simple and delicious, even better for breakfast the next day! This cake is moist, chewy, not too sweet and perfect alongside a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The lemon zest perks it up to the point of perfection and the sugar and cinnamon sprinkled over the top adds just a touch of sweetness. - Kaitlyn - The Editors
- 6 plums (variety of your choice)
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour (or can use all purpose)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons white sugar, additional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Halve plums, remove pits and dice (keep skin on). In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a stand mixer or by hand, cream the butter and 3/4 cup sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well, then the vanilla and lemon zest. Stir in the diced plums and then the flour mixture until just combined.
- Pour batter into a greased baking dish. Bake in the centre of the oven 30-40 minutes until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Meanwhile combine the additional sugar and cinnamon.
- Remove cake from oven, dust with the cinnamon sugar and allow to cool. Serve as is or with custard or butterscotch sauce!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Plums
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Berti Foraging Knife
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.