Author Notes: The most satisfying brunch is a big, oozy, soft-poached egg, dusted with salt, pepper, and paprika. I cut my toast into tiny strips for dunking. - pbjenny
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- pinches Salt, pepper, and paprika
- Set a timer for 4 minutes (but do not start it yet) and put your toast in the toaster, ready to start but not yet toasting. Crack an egg into a small bowl and set aside.
- Bring a small pot of water to boil. Once a full boil is achieved, add in the teaspoon of vinegar. Swirl the water into a whirpool with a spoon.
- Gently, but quickly, slide the egg into the swirling water. Immediately move the pot from the heat and cover. Hit "go" on your 4 minute timer and pop the toast into the toaster.
- After 4 minutes, remove the egg with a slotted spoon. Dab lightly with a paper towel, and transfer to a small serving bowl. Cut the toast into small slices for dipping. Sprinkle the egg with salt, pepper, and paprika. Enjoy!