If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The most satisfying brunch is a big, oozy, soft-poached egg, dusted with salt, pepper, and paprika. I cut my toast into tiny strips for dunking. —pbjenny
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- pinches Salt, pepper, and paprika
- Set a timer for 4 minutes (but do not start it yet) and put your toast in the toaster, ready to start but not yet toasting. Crack an egg into a small bowl and set aside.
- Bring a small pot of water to boil. Once a full boil is achieved, add in the teaspoon of vinegar. Swirl the water into a whirpool with a spoon.
- Gently, but quickly, slide the egg into the swirling water. Immediately move the pot from the heat and cover. Hit "go" on your 4 minute timer and pop the toast into the toaster.
- After 4 minutes, remove the egg with a slotted spoon. Dab lightly with a paper towel, and transfer to a small serving bowl. Cut the toast into small slices for dipping. Sprinkle the egg with salt, pepper, and paprika. Enjoy!
A Grain of Truth
When to switch up salts
The truth about salt swaps.
Our recent favorite recipes.
It's time to travel.
Meet the cake stand extraordinaries
Put cake on a pedestal.