Author Notes: One year while catering a holiday event, the hostess asked me to incorporate cases of her mother's jarred plums that she had "put up". So I created an easy, elegant, plum dessert style soup that was a huge hit. It was actually one of the simplest and easiest recipes to execute. - micki barzilay
- 4 cups canned or jarred plums
- 1/2 pint Creme Fresh or Sour Cream
- 1 pint of whipping cream
- drizzle of maple syrup
- Heat in a saucepan the canned ( home made is best) or jarred pitted plums.Once it is at a light simmer turn off stove and add Creme Fresh or Sour Cream. Mix together. It will become a beautiful colorful light burgandy color. Serve warm and garnish with a design or dollup of freshly whipped cream and a drizzle off maple syrup..and watch your guests try to figure out if it is a soup or a fancy dessert.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Plums