If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One thing leads to another is how this started. I made fraichement's home made ricotta and the next thing I know I am popping these tartlets into the oven. I like them because they are flourless and crustless. They are more in line with British or Eastern European cheese cake. They aren't super sweet but the sourness of the plums with the little bit of brown sugar and honey is satisfying. - thirschfeld —thirschfeld
Food52 Review: These little baked custards are easy to throw together and only take 20 minutes to bake. The plums come out wonderfully caramelized and sweet -- a perfect match for the ricotta. - Stephanie —The Editors
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta, drained in a strainer
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons honey, mild flavored
- dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 small red plums, halved, pitted and sliced into 1/8 inch half moon slices
- kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the drained ricotta into a mixing bowl. Add the yolks, cream, lemon zest, honey and a healthy two pinches of salt. With a wire whisk mix until well combined.
- Butter and dust with the cornmeal four 3 1/2 inch ring molds. Place the four ring molds onto a parchment lined sheet tray. Dust the bottom of each mold with enough cornmeal that you make a thin layer. Dividing the ricotta equally into each mold smooth and spread it out.
- Attractively fan out the plum slices across the top of each tart. Sprinkle with a healthy layer of brown sugar across the top and then dot each tart with five 1/8 inch square cubes of cold butter.
- Bake in the oven for twenty minutes. Remove from the oven and let them come to room temperature. Run a thin bladed knife around the edges to loosen the tart from the mold. Carefully lift the mold. Plate the tartlets and serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Plums
Freeze It Right There
Frozen desserts like they're meant to be
All we want is frozen dessert.
Welcome to the winner's circle.
Your poolside essentials.
Recipe of the Day