If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The variety of plums at our local farmers market were just amazing....red, purple and gold, all in abundance. After having my fill of eating them fresh I needed to come up with a plan for dinner. I created a slightly sweet marinade for the chicken using one of my favorite spices- 5 spice powder. I reserved some of the marinade to baste both the chicken and plums while they were grilling. The sweet & tart plums pair beautifully with the marinade and become caramelized when grilled. Use one color of plum or alternate several. If you are so lucky to have any leftovers, they make a wonderful salad. Arrange cut-up pieces of the chicken and plums over mixed greens along with a chopped cucumber. Toss with a miso-honey vinaigrette and enjoy. - sticksnscones
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, minced
- 1 scallion, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon 5 spice powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 gorgeous plums of any color
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for marinade, except the chicken and plums. Reserve 2-3 tablespoons of marinade for basting and set aside.
- Cut chicken into 1 1/2 inch pieces and add to marinade. Mix well, to coat chicken pieces.
- Marinate for 3-6 hours in refrigerator. You can transfer the chicken with the marinade to a ziplock bag if desired.
- Cut plums in halves.
- On skewers, alternate pieces of chicken and plum halves.
- Preheat grill.
- Grill Kebabs over medium indirect heat, basting the plums and chicken with reserved marinade.Turn after a few minutes to get all the surfaces cooked and browned. This should take about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with some steamed brown or white rice to sop up all the delicious juices. For the perfect bite make sure to take a piece of plum with the chicken!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Plums