Author Notes: These meatballs are definitely not for the summer months - unless you're in South America! I crave these on cold nights when all I want to be is curled up in bed. These meatballs are tasty, and best of all, simple. And as always, can be made in a toaster oven if needed! I make these with a classic, easy tomato sauce, so any homemade sauce will do! - Hotplate Gourmet
- 1/3 pound beef
- 1/3 pound veal
- 1/3 pound pork
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beated
- 3 tablespoons parsely, chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 bunch spinach, sauteed
- homemade tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well with your hands. Form into golf ball sized meatballs and set in the baking pan about a 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the tops are crusty and they are cooked through.
- Warm up the tomato sauce in a Dutch Oven or sauce pan, and place the cooked meatballs in the sauce for about 10 minutes before ready to serve over the sauteed spinach.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatballs