If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is based on my meatloaf recipe. The meatballs work well with a tomato sauce or without. Eaten with good semolina bread to pick up the juices and a tossed salad this is a satisfying meal. - Secondari
- 1/2 pound Ground Turkey (dark meat)
- 1/2 pound ground serloin
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 slice of white sandwich bread
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon worchesteshire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons parmigiano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place bread slice in milk and allow to sit for 5 minutes (while combining other ingredients)
- combine the ground meats and all other ingredients thoroughly, do not overwork.
- Crumble the bread slice into the milk, incorporate milk and bread into meat mixture.
- Make small meatballs, about an inch in diameter. Place finished meatballs on baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 350F, Heat skillet, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to skillet. Once the oil is hot add meatballs to skillet, enough for one layer, do not overcrowd. Turn meatballs so that all sides loose raw meat look. Drain meatballs and set aside as they are done. Once the entire batch is par cooked, place on a baking sheet in a single layer and transfer to over. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain all but 1 tablespoon of fat from skillet, add 2 tablespoons butter to the skillet. When butter has melted add 1/2 cup of red wine and scrap up solids accumulated at the bottom of the pan.
- Serve meatballs with semolina bread and sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatballs