If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love when I can make a recipe that part of it can be frozen and use it in a different manner that I had initially had used it at a later time. When I make Oxtail ragu (Listed on Food 52), I make a huge batch of sauce and freeze it in smaller batches. This meatball recipe was made initially to compliment the Oxtail Ragu that was sitting in the freezer.. Then I pull the meatballs out another time and added my tangy Asian sauce to make some great spicy sliders. Whatever suits your mood. I love both ways. I will also include the recipe for the Asian sauce and you can make the ragu from the Oxtail ragu recipe also posted. I like lettece, pickled cabbage, and jalapenos on my asian sliders. - MyCommunalTable
Melting Pot Meatball
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat up milk until it just starts to bubble.
- Pour over bread and raisins. (Note: It can be a couple slices of bread or bread crumbs. Whatever you have on hand.) Make sure that all the raisins are covered. Set aside to cool, while prepping your meat.
- In a large shallow bowl, place the meat and all the rest of the ingredients in the bowl. Mix together.
- Mix the milk mixture now that it has cooled. Raisins should be plumped up and milk soaked up in the bread. Add to meat mixture and blend well.
- Form into balls. Size can vary depending on personal preference. I like them about the size of a plum.
- Place on a ungreased cookie sheet and bake for about 30 minutes in a 350F oven. (I like baking my meatballs. Easy clean up, browns from oven. Brown adds flavor. Can freeze them and vary the sauce to suit the dish I am cooking at the time.)
Tangy Asian sauce
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 ginger, large slices
- 2 scallions
- 3 slices jalapeno
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Place all the ingredients in a sauce pan and heat over low heat until cooked down slightly. Approx. 15-20 minutes.
- Strain sauce through sieve. Use on meats or veggies. Will store well in fridge for about 10 days.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatballs
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
Shop Spring Cleaning
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
The Best Cinnamon Rolls