Author Notes: I love meatballs. They are perfect for kids and perfect for adults. I make them and use them in a tomato gravy or serve them as finger food at parties with various dips. - yumkid
Serves 25 meatballs
- 1 1/3 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 large red onion or 1 medium sized onion
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 Jalapeno cut in small pieces (optional if you want a little kick in the meatballs)
- Dice the red onion into small pieces.
- Cut the cilantro leaves and stems into small pieces.
- Add the onions and the cilantro to the ground meat and mix.
- Add the cumin powder, cinnamon, salt and oats and mix together.
- Make small meat balls from the mixture
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add oil to fry the meatballs till they are brown
- Alternatively, if you want to bake these meatballs – bake them for 15 mins at 350F
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatballs