If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We have Bratwurst once a year, every year, at our family picnic and it is awesome. I wanted to make it from scratch, but with no sausage making device at my disposal I had to get creative. Behold the Bratball Sub. - JennRehm
- 2 pieces white bread torn into pieces
- .5 cups milk
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 pound ground veal
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- .5 tablespoons ground coriander
- .5 tablespoons ground sage
- .5 teaspoons smoked sweet paprika
- .5 teaspoons nutmeg
- .5 teaspoons mace
- 2 teaspoons salt
- .5 teaspoons pepper
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Mix the milk and the torn up bread in a small bowl. Let soak.
- Hand mix together pork, veal, sugar, coriander, sage, paprika, nutmeg, mace, salt, and pepper. Mix in egg and bread.
- Shape into meatballs (approximately 24) and place on an ungreased sheetpan.
- Place into preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cooked through and light brown.
- Serve on a crusty sub roll with mustard and sauerkraut.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatballs
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
Mortar and pestle perfection.