Author Notes: This recipe has been passed down from my grandmother to my mother and to me. I was too young to know my grandmother very well but I have always heard stories of the whole family sitting around the dinner table eating amazing Italian food. I have added my own twist to this family recipe. - Queen's Kitchen
- 1 pound Ground turkey meat
- 3/4 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup basil
- 1/4 cup oregano
- 1/8 cup sage
- 1/8 cup thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- pinches sugar
- Mix together all ingredients into a bowl - you can use a spoon or your hands, your hands are more fun!
- Once everything is well mixed together, begin rolling the mixture into balls.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the meatballs to the pan and begin to brown them. Flip them over until all the meatballs have browned. This will take about 5-10 minutes.
- Once they have browned, add your favorite marinara sauce to the pan, enough to cover the meatballs, and bring the heat down low.
- Let the sauce simmer for about 20 - 30 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatballs